ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

RE: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG: Draft Survey

  • To: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG: Draft Survey
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:06:41 -0400

I think in the end you made my point.  The focus of this working group (which
is really a subset of the new gTLD process) is to focus on NEW gTLDs and those
issues that are UNIQUE to the introduction of new gTLDs.  The focus, in my
opinion, should NOT be on issues that apply across the board to all gTLDs today.

In other words, Sunrise processes or IP claims processes are UNIQUE issues to
introducing new gTLDs and do not apply to existing TLDs today.  Thus, they
should be addressed in this working group.

Contrast that with typosquatting, Phishing, malware, bots, etc. and protection
of other rights which are NOT UNIQUE to new gTLDs and may be issues for all
TLDs.  This should be the subject of a separate PDP that applies to all gTLDs.

Again this is my opinion.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.
Sr. Director, Law, Advanced Services  & Business Development

NeuStar, Inc.