ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

RE: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG: Draft Survey

  • To: "Neuman,Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG: Draft Survey
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:35:23 -0700

I agree with Jeff's reasons for why both questions have absolutely no
place on this questionaire, and in fact I believe both questions threaten the
survey's intergrity as they are clearly leading.</div>

I thought the goal of the survey was to gather information. I don't see
us yet at the point where we are ready to shop ideas around. There certainly
has been no discussion or established&nbsp;consensus among us&nbsp;about rapid
take down as a possible&nbsp;mechanism.</div>

Daddy Group, Inc.<BR>Mobile: 319-329-9804<BR>Office: 319-294-3940<BR>Fax:
480-247-4516<BR><A href="mailto:tim@xxxxxxxxxxx";>tim@xxxxxxxxxxx</A><BR><BR>How
am I doing? Please contact my direct supervisor at <A
href="mailto:president@xxxxxxxxxxx";>president@xxxxxxxxxxx</A> with any
feedback.<BR><BR>
This email message and any attachments hereto is intended for use only
by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please
immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy
of this message and its attachments.<BR><BR></div>

<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px
solid">-------- Original Message --------<BR>Subject: RE: [gnso-pro-wg] PRO WG:
&nbsp;Draft Survey<BR>From: "Neuman, Jeff"
&lt;Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Date: Tue, April 10, 2007 8:06 pm<BR>To:
"Mike Rodenbaugh" &lt;mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;,
&lt;gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><BR><PRE>
I think in the end you made my point.  The focus of this working
group

(which is really a subset of the new gTLD process) is to focus on NEW

gTLDs and those issues that are UNIQUE to the introduction of new

gTLDs.  The focus, in my opinion, should NOT be on issues that apply

across the board to all gTLDs today.

In other words, Sunrise processes or IP claims processes are UNIQUE

issues to introducing new gTLDs and do not apply to existing TLDs

today.  Thus, they should be addressed in this working group.

Contrast that with typosquatting, Phishing, malware, bots, etc. and

protection of other rights which are NOT UNIQUE to new gTLDs and may

be issues for all TLDs.  This should be the subject of a separate PDP

that applies to all gTLDs.

Again this is my opinion.

Jeffrey J. Neuman, Esq.

Sr. Director, Law, Advanced Services  &amp; Business Development

NeuStar, Inc.