ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

[Fwd: Fw: [gnso-pro-wg] NEW APPROACH TO WORK OF WG]

  • To: gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [Fwd: Fw: [gnso-pro-wg] NEW APPROACH TO WORK OF WG]
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:17:44 +0200

From Victoria McEvedy:

Glen --please forward for me--my group is not working for some reason.

It will come as no surprise that I very much agree with this from the
point of the NCUC. No one has explained the objective of this exercise
or what impact it will have, or weight, in terms of the WG's goals. I
have asked these questions but no answers have been forthcoming. How
does it help us a) document the additional protections or b) determine
whether to recommend to the new TLDs Committee a best practices
approach? My concern is that the "survey" will be used to circumvent our
work and without the balancing that should be involved. It will give us
the views of rightsholders and registeries and their views on how they
would like the system to operate. I have real problems with it and its
goals and I agree with many of the points that Jeff and Mike have
made. I have repeatedly considered whether I can add to it or amend it
in some way to address these issues, but I'm afraid I gain arrive at the
conclusion that this is not the way forward. If the WG is to proceed
with it then there should also be a discussion and an articulation as
to its purpose and its impact on the group's work. NCUC will also wish
to answer any conclusions drawn from it ---a process about which, again,
questions arise.

----- Original Message ----- *From:* Rosette, Kristina <mailto:krosette@xxxxxxx> *To:* Neuman, Jeff <mailto:Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx> ; gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:31 PM *Subject:* RE: [gnso-pro-wg] NEW APPROACH TO WORK OF WG

    Are our NomCom, NCUC, and Registrar Constituency members satified
    with this list of issues?

    Kristina