ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

Re: [gnso-pro-wg] Proposed Principles for discussion

  • To: PRO WG <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pro-wg] Proposed Principles for discussion
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:39:25 +0200

Hi,

After last night's call, I must admit I find Tim's set of principles much easier to understand and accept. While I think there is a lot of good content in the set Kristina provided, I think their complexity brings in a fair amount of ambiguity.

Though I am not sure that I fully understand 6 in Tim's set:

6. The fees associated with a legal rights protection mechanism should reflect its scope. For example, the fees associated with Defensive Registrations may be significantly higher than those for a Sunrise process where the scope is limited to exact matches of registered trademarks only.

BTW, apologies for not participating much during the call, I was having telephone issues. Finally got it solved at the end of the call.

a.