ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pro-wg]

RE: [gnso-pro-wg] Final Report: Last call

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "Liz Williams" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-pro-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pro-wg] Final Report: Last call
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:13:43 -0700

I disagree with #1.  Indeed there is already a universal RPM called the
UDRP, and it must be made more effective to deal with obvious criminal
activity such as phishing and obvious typosquatting, and applied
universally across all gTLDs and as many ccTLDs as possible.

I still think that #3 and #6 are saying essentially the same thing and
will be confusing to anyone reading this report.  Yet I can support them
both as worded, rather than choosing one of them.

I still do not understand what #4 really means, it seems to get at the
same point as #5 but is much more vague.

So, I do not support #1 or #4, but support the others.

Thanks.

Mike Rodenbaugh

Sr. Legal Director

Yahoo! Inc.

NOTICE:  This communication is confidential and may be protected by
attorney-client and/or work product privilege.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify me by reply, and delete this
communication and any attachments.