ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

[gnso-raa-b] Re: RAA Sub Team B and RAPWG report

  • To: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-raa-b] Re: RAA Sub Team B and RAPWG report
  • From: Holly Raiche <h.raiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:36:06 +1100

Hi Steve and everyone

I have not had time to read the full report of the Registration Abuse Policies Working Group, but some significant issues that are in our list are also covered by their recommendations. From where I stand, it looks as if we are recommending that some issues are being put forward for consideration when they are already being considered.

by way of examples:
Their first recommendation is for investigation of ways to address cybersquatting (too simplistic - sorry) - and our Topic one calls for its prohibition Their third topic is front running -with their recommendation that the issue be monitored. Our issues list suggests its prohibition

Other topics the subject of their recommendations that are possible overlaps include fake renewal notices, domain tasting, malicious use of domain names WHIS access and accuracy and compliance.

Are we duplicating effort here?

Kind regards

Holly Raiche
Executive Director,