ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

RE: [gnso-raa-b] History of Prior RAA Amendments

  • To: "Margie Milam" <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-raa-b] History of Prior RAA Amendments
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:33:26 -0700

Thanks Margie, this is quite informative.

May I suggest that our main focus at this point should be at the point
of step 2 on the first page of Tim Cole's memo. For the last set of
amendments ICANN staff "engage[d] with the Registrars Constituency" to
negotiate the text of the amendments.  This was not a process open to
others -- at that stage.  My "straw man" proposes a different process --
a negotiating team that includes, besides registrars and staff,
representatives of "registrant and third-party interests".   I fully
agree that the results of the negotiation should be subject to the
"advice of the GNSO, the ALAC and other interested parties" as in step 3
of the process Tim describes.

Steve Metalitz