ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-b]

[gnso-raa-b] At Tim Ruiz's request

  • To: <gnso-raa-b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-raa-b] At Tim Ruiz's request
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:09:39 -0700

 I am circulating the e-mail text below at the request of Tim Ruiz.  I sent it
to Phil Corwin before our most recent call, along with other efforts I made to
encourage the less active members of our drafting team to weigh in with their
views on the issue then before us (regarding task 3, next steps).   Tim states
(in the e-mail chain below) that my doing so was "completely inappropriate."  I
disagree, and I believe my e-mail, while colloquial in tone, was factual in
content, with the exception of the statement that "the results [of the last RAA
negotiation] were certainly unsatisfactory." That is my opinion, and if it was
inappropriate of me to express it in this e-mail, I apologize.  I leave it to
those on the call on Monday (or who have reviewed the mp3 recording) and who
heard the views presented to judge for themselves whether this e-mail was an
attempt to "stack the deck on consensus," as Tim states, or to "get more voices
into the conversation," as my e-mail states.

(Phil has told me he has no objection to releasing to the full list the e-mail
I sent him.)

Steve Metalitz