ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-rap-dt] Agenda: RAPWG / Monday 28 September @ 14:00 UTC

• To: "Richard Tindal" <Richard.Tindal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rap-dt] Agenda: RAPWG / Monday 28 September @ 14:00 UTC
  • From: "Frederick Felman" <Frederick.Felman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:35:07 -0700

Your opportunity to push a lot of great consumer and Internet user safety provisions though without us. ;-)

Sent from my mobile +1(415)606-3733

(please excuse any content I might blame on the size of the keyboard & screen including but not limited to typos)

On Sep 25, 2009, at 10:17 AM, "Richard Tindal" <Richard.Tindal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Looks like we’ll be having more gentile discussion than normal.…..

From: owner-gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-rap- dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Aaron
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 11:47 AM
To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] Agenda: RAPWG / Monday 28 September @ 14:00 UTC

Dear WG:

Our meeting this coming Monday remains on as scheduled. I understand that some will not be able to make it; that will naturally happen on occasion. We meet only every-other week, and I am loathe to cancel at the last minute. I imagine that there will be plenty of interesting things happening this fall with ICANN and the new TLD guidebook etc, but we should continue ahead. If there are upcoming holidays or events that will prevent a significant number of members from making a meeting, please do mention those in calls or on the list further in advance, so that we can consider alternate plans.

The next Registration Abuse Policies Working Group call is scheduled for Monday 14 September at 14:00 UTC for 90 minutes; dial-in info has been sent to members under separate cover. Agenda is:

1. Roll-call
2. updates from sub-groups :
a. Cybersquatting group (Fred Felman, Mike Rodenbaugh, James Bladel, Michael Young, Paul Stahura, Phil Corwin). Reformulation discussed at least meeting. Question was raised at last meeting: is this about UDRP? b. “uniformity in contracts” group (Berry Cobb, Mike O’Connor, Mike Rodenbaugh, James Bladel, Jeff Neuman.) Present the results and findings: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-rap-dt/msg00363.html

c. Spam/phishing/malware. Discussion so far summarized at: https://st.icann.org/reg-abuse-wg/index.cgi?phishing_spam_malware . A goal is to identify the policy issues here, and what might fall into other areas such as best practices. Work on completing this section: "Issue: A concise statement of the problem/issue, no longer than one paragraph", as a way to help crystallize the issues.

3. Schedule next meetings: October 12, ICANN Seoul date/time; November 9 and 23.

With best wishes,
--Greg Aaron
Chair

Greg Aaron

Director, Key Account Management and Domain Security

Afilias

vox: +1.215.706.5700 x104

fax: 1.215.706.5701

gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy