ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Last Call - RAPWG Initial Report - Final Version -- the last word

  • To: "'Registration abuse list ICANN'" <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Last Call - RAPWG Initial Report - Final Version -- the last word
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:29:38 -0800

Greg,

I disagree with that statement.  But I admit I have not had time to
participate well enough on the group's schedule.

In any event this is an Initial Report, with plenty of opportunity to change
it in the future.  That 'Additional View' will be expanded in future drafts.
The way it is stated now, it makes all but me, Fred and Faisal seem
oblivious to reality, as I've stated wrt the UDRP and the Consensus Policy
and Abuse provisions of ICANN contracts.  And I know that nobody is truly
oblivious to reality, so we still have some work to harmonize our positions
before the Final Report.  But it is sad that this conversation was
essentially the same one we had on the first day of this WG, and for weeks
thereafter, and still there is no real clarity in the report as to these
positions.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087