ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Last Call - RAPWG Initial Report - Final Version

  • To: <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Last Call - RAPWG Initial Report - Final Version
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 09:34:37 -0800

I agree with Fred re 8.3.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1 (415) 738-8087
http://rodenbaugh.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Frederick Felman
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:51 AM
To: Marika Konings; gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Faisal Shah

A few important comments in advance of finalizing this report:

First in Section 8.3

This statement:

"8.3    Recommendations ? There was strong support for but significant
opposition for the following recommendation. The two opposing views are
below, and the RAPWG will further consider these views after receiving
public comment:"

Is confusing and editorial as opposed to factual.  Please replace
"significant opposition" with the number of opposing votes. or remove the
clause

Second Section 6.7.3

I agree with Mike Rodenbaugh's alternate view and would like to be included
as supporting his assertion.

Last, throughout:

Faisal and I are cited as members of the IPC, which is true that MarkMonitor
are members of the IPC, however we are non-voting because we are not an
intellectual property organization like INTA or others and are participation
in this group is as individuals not as IPC members.  Our work is not blessed
or approved by the IPC.  Please cite us as such or cite our company as our
affiliation.