ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

Re: [gnso-rap-dt] MP3 Registration Abuse Policy (RAP) WG / 19 April 2010

  • To: Greg Aaron <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, RAP-WG <gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rap-dt] MP3 Registration Abuse Policy (RAP) WG / 19 April 2010
  • From: Frederick Felman <ffelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:58:26 -0700

Dear Greg and members of our Working group,

Listening to the RAP-WG meeting audio of 2010 April 19 I heard number of
questions from the group about the comments made by WIPO contained within
their response to the Initial Draft.

Though some may not fully agree with or understand the intent & content of
their communiqué, the comments do deserve serious consideration based on
WIPO¹s standing.  My understanding of WIPO is that they have heard ~65% of
all UDRP cases since the instrument¹s inception and have documented and
published statistics and results of those cases, they are a non-profit
organization who lose money on each UDRP case that they adjudicate and that
they enjoy cooperation and support from the governments of the majority of
the global population.

I therefore believe we should ask them to more fully explain their comments
via a short question and answer session. Perhaps we can invite them to join
our call for a 15 minute presentation and Q&A session since we will be
discussing Cybersquatting at the next meeting.

If agreeable to the group, I could try to facilitate their participation.
Shall I seek a representative from WIPO to attend our next meeting?

Best ­ Fred