ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

Re: [gnso-rap-dt] cybersquatting edit

  • To: Greg Aaron <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rap-dt] cybersquatting edit
  • From: Rod Rasmussen <rod.rasmussen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:32:53 -0700

How about this sentence reshuffling alternative that keeps the primary
methodology mentioned (which people are familiar with) and should take care of
Bruce's concern:

Cybersquatting is the deliberate and bad-faith registration or use of a name
that is a registered brand or mark of an unrelated entity, typically, though
not exclusively, for the purpose of profiting through pay-per-click
advertisements...

Rod