ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

Fw: [gnso-rap-dt] Alt TLD Shakedown Draft #2

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fw: [gnso-rap-dt] Alt TLD Shakedown Draft #2
  • From: martinsutton@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:44:41 +0100

Meant to send to all - sorry!

----- Forwarded by Martin C SUTTON/GMO/HSBC on 17/05/2010 11:44 -----

Martin C SUTTON/GMO/HSBC
May 17 2010 11:42
Phone no. 7991 8074
44 0 20 7991 8074
Mail Size: 8874

"James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Alt TLD Shakedown Draft #2

Entity
   HSBC Holdings plc - GMO

Good point James - and we would not wish ICANN to divert their funding
from current priorities,  such as WHOIS.  Perhaps 'co-ordinate research
with the community' is sufficient to gain the attention the topic
deserves, without the cost that 'sponsor' infers.

Martin C SUTTON
Group Risk
Manager, Group Fraud Risk and Intelligence | HSBC HOLDINGS PLC HGHQ
Group Security & Fraud Risk
8 Canada Square,Canary Wharf,London,E14 5HQ,United Kingdom

Phone.     +44 (0)20 7991 8074 / 7991 8074
Mobile.     +44 (0) 7774556680
Email.       martinsutton@xxxxxxxx

"James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: owner-gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
May 17 2010 06:13

Mail Size: 5547

berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject
RE: [gnso-rap-dt] Alt TLD Shakedown Draft #2

  Entity
   HSBC Holdings plc - GMO

Berry and Group:

Looks good.  I know we spent a lot of time on the language of the
recommendation, but reading it in the "clean" version I had a thought
about the word "sponsor."   My concern is that ICANN will run off and
find a seven-figure consultant to engage on this problem, when we're
really seeking broader input from experts and volunteers from within and
outside the community.

How would the group feel about alternative words, like "encourage" or
"foster," rather than "sponsor?"

Thanks--