ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-reg-sgc]

RE: [gnso-reg-sgc] Whois Sub Group C - matrix for discussion andadditions

  • To: "'Paul Stahura'" <paul.stahura@xxxxxxxx>, <gnso-reg-sgc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-reg-sgc] Whois Sub Group C - matrix for discussion andadditions
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:28:30 +0100

Dear all,

The matrix I sent was agreed by this sub group last week. The group agreed -
and its meeting summary explicitly records this - to have me create a matrix
using the criteria agreed. If anyone has an issue with that, then they
should raise it when the sub group meets again tomorrow.

'Privacy services' have not been discussed in the context of this group.

The Final Task Force Report on Whois Services is emphatically clear on that
task force's agreement that some data will need to be redacted from
publication. This agreement was shared by all in the task force.  That
report is quite clear that Whois data will be restricted in some way - even
if some of the task force members agreed that this should be accomplished by
the 'special circumstances' proposal. This is what I referred to in the
matrix as 'closed'.

Lets not re-open or re-package what has already been agreed. This Working
Group exists to further develop the task force recommendation. This sub
group explicitly discussed its task last week and agreed a set of work to
do.

Maria

  _____