ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-res-sga]

Re: [gnso-res-sga] Whois working group -- subgroup A (reponsibilities)

  • To: "Steve DelBianco" <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-res-sga] Whois working group -- subgroup A (reponsibilities)
  • From: "Richard Padilla" <padilla.richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 10:34:39 +0100

Sorry to Eric I should have replied to all instead of just Eric. I agreed
with Eric in that proxy/OPoC should be fully registered but my concern will
be the accountability and transparency, if that is not in place it will not
be of any use. If the need of our working group is to develop how the
responsibility is delivered then it may be a solution to develop regulations
that require any and all participants involved to ensure that are vetted
through a tough selection and questioning process enough to be registered
and transparent enough to ensure accountability. So that even though all
registars presently are already vetted then our needs to look at how to
redesign the process of vetting to ensure full accuntability and
transparency. This may also led to how we may eventually develop the
responsibility of how information can be protected and regulated.

Richard