ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[gnso-restruc-dt] Organization and subsidiarity Re: Notes from Restructure meeting of 25 May

• To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] Organization and subsidiarity Re: Notes from Restructure meeting of 25 May
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:54:15 -0400

On 26 May 2009, at 10:57, Avri Doria wrote:

- on Q7 and Q8, Avri will draft proposed language for these that is based on adhering to a principle of subsidiarity, i.e. making and documenting decisions at the lowest appropriate unit of organization in the bottom up chain.

currently Section 2 reads as follows:

ARTICLE X: GENERIC NAMES SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION; SECTION 2. ORGANIZATION

The GNSO shall consist of (i) four Stakeholder Groups as described in Section 5 of this Article (link TBD) and (ii) a GNSO Council responsible for managing the policy development process of the GNSO, as described in Section 3 of this Article (link TBD).

I propose the following rewrite:

ARTICLE X: GENERIC NAMES SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION; SECTION 2. ORGANIZATION

The GNSO shall consist of:

(i) A number of Constituencies organized within the Stakeholder Groups as described in Section 5 of this Article (link TBD);

(ii) Four Stakeholder Groups organized within Houses as described in Section 5 of this Article (link TBD);

(iii) Two Houses within the GNSO Council as described in Section 3 of this Article (link TBD);

(iv) and a GNSO Council responsible for managing the policy development process of the GNSO, as described in Section 3 of this Article (link TBD).

Except as otherwise defined in these by-laws, the GNSO Council, the two Houses, the four Stakeholder Groups, and the Constituencies will be responsible for defining their own charters, rules, procedures and/ or names with the approval of their members and of the ICANN Board of Directors.

a.

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy