ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

[gnso-restruc-dt] Changes to Restructuring Wiki Page

  • To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] Changes to Restructuring Wiki Page
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 23:28:47 -0400

hi,

Spent a few hours working on the restructuring wiki page. I know I am sending this out late in order for people to be able to have much chance to review before the meeting. I got it done as soon as I could.

https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?gnso_council_restructuring_effort

Included is the pointer to a copy of the by-laws as i understand them with options and text under discussion indicated in parenthesis and in italic. For many of the changes I have also included the corresponding questions number,e.g. (Qn: frabjous day, or brilliant day, or nice day)

https://st.icann.org/gnso_transition/index.cgi?by_laws_with_proposed_changes_for_discussion

In this I took the version created by Chuck and tried to include all of the language that still needed approval in italics indicating its relationship to one of our open questions. i also added some minor incidental changes that seems to be needed for consistency (e.g. i added a few words about the homeless NCA being able to make motions which was response to one of the questions, and added some wording about liaisons not being able to make motions. ). I di not ad in all of the language that corresponded to the Policy Staff change related to one council seat per constituency, even though the SIC has not responded on that yet. should the SIC decide to accept that proposal, someone will need to add all of the language back.

i am certain, that i have not caught all the changes. e.g. i do not have at least one italics section for each Question. If it is ok, I would like to walk through this doc as a way of doing item 3 on the agenda - continue work on open items - and have people point out where i might have missed something. for those who cannot attend, please find a time to listen to the recording and check out the wiki page when you get a chance.

Note: on he wiki, everyone should have read access, some people may not already have write access but that will be fixed.

Talk to you soon,

a.