<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Changes

• To: gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-restruc-dt] Changes
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:23:46 +0200

Hi,

Three questions.

Regarding:

Appointee voting representative shall be assigned to each House by the Nominating Committee at the time of appointment.

I had understood Raimundo to be saying that each year, the Nomcom could, if it so desired, reorient the NCA in terms of houses and homelessness. If so, this is different then "at time of appointment".

Did you intend to offer up a different proposal? or did you understand the Board's position differently?

2. Regarding:

selections to fill Seats 13 and 14 on the ICANN Board by written ballot or by action at a meeting, [placeholder regarding manner of selection – TBD by Board.]

My understanding had been that the Board did not necessarily want to make that decision before July 31 as required by the timetable. I am not sure that one can leave in a placeholder such as that in the by- laws, but I am not lawyer. If it is not possible to leave a placeholder, do you mean to ask the Board to indeed make this decision by July 31st?

3. Regarding:

meeting in October 2009, or another date the Board may designate by resolution,

Are you suggesting that we should not, or cannot, aim to have the bicameral council seated by Seoul?

Thanks for fixing all the errors.

a.

On 10 Jun 2009, at 21:46, Metalitz, Steven wrote:

<redline of AD text of 061009 (2266360).DOC>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy