ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Changes

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Changes
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:46:57 -0700

A <<redline of AD text of 061009 (2266360).DOC>> vri,

Thanks for updating the document.  I attach a redline of your text which
corrects the paragraph
numbering, deletes an obsolete cross-reference, and also suggests the
following technical changes for consideration:

1.  Specifies that the Nom Comm assigns the NCAs to the various slots.
This has to be spelled out somewhere in the by-laws.  Of course there
may also need to be a cross-reference to the Nom Comm provision of the
By-laws.  But worth including as a reminder to whoever finally
integrates this into a single by-law amendment.

2.  Similarly, the method of selecting Seats 13 and 14 needs to appear
in the By-laws, so I have added a placeholder to that effect.

3.  The wording of the term limits provision could be read to prohibit a
second term after a gap of less than 2 years.  I don't think that was
the intent, so have suggested corrective wording.   It still requires a
2-year gap if the person has served two consecutive terms.

4.  Throughout the Transition Article, I have added a reference to the
Board's authority to adopt a resolution changing the date from October
2009. Again, this is mostly in the nature of a placeholder.  We would
not want the entire amendment to be hung up because for some reason
something that was supposed to be done by Seoul did not happen.

Thanks for considering these.  Of course if there is an objection to one
of these we can follow the amendment procedure if need be.

Steve