ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Fwd: Text of GNSO recommended by-laws

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Fwd: Text of GNSO recommended by-laws
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:33:09 -0400

I think it would be a good idea to distribute the redlined document with
Legal Counsel's changes.

Regarding: "5. The GNSO Council shall select the GNSO Chair for a term
the GNSO Council specifies, but not longer than one year, by written
ballot or by action at a meeting or both. The procedures for selecting
the Chair and any other officers are contained in the GNSO Council
Operating Rules and Procedures approved by the Board." (p.3)

Legal Counsel made this comment: "The inclusion of "both" confuses the
requirements - what is trying to be achieved here?  It may be better to
remove "or both" unless we can reach a better formulation of this."  I
think one thing we were trying to accommodate is absentee voting.

Chuck