ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] RN Working Group: follow up from 25 Jan conference call

  • To: gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] RN Working Group: follow up from 25 Jan conference call
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:44:24 +0100

Colleagues

I said I would provide the group with broader information that further explains the context of the Reserved Names Working Group's statement of work.

1. The latest version of the PDP Dec 05 new TLDs Committee Report -- http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/GNSO-PDP-Dec05-FR-14Nov06.pdf. This Report will be updated at the mid February meetings in Los Angeles. It is expected that the Report will be finalised in time for the Lisbon meetings.

2. The latest version of the ICANN Staff Discussion Points -- http:// gnso.icann.org/drafts/GNSO-PDP-Dec05-StaffMemo-14Nov06.pdf -- which comments on some of the potential implementation impacts of the Committee's Report above.

3. The latest version of the PDP Feb 06 draft Task Force Report -- http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/GNSO-PDP-Feb06-TFR-07nov06.pdf. Note this document will be substantially updated to reflect the work of the Group since the Sao Paulo meeting. An updated straw poll policy recommendation table has been sent to Task Force participants yesterday. Note that Terms of Reference for the PDP Dec 06 do not include reference to Reserved Names for existing registries.

4. I referred to three relevant RFCs -- here is the one that is the most relevant for the time being. ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/ rfc2606.txt. I am putting together some historical and technical information about reserved names and will forward that early next week.

5. Finally, here is the GNR proposal for the release of two letter names -- http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-06dec06.htm and here is the full set of registry services applications. For the purposes of this group, the information which relates to the GNR proposal is the most relevant. http://www.icann.org/registries/rsep/ submitted_app.html

I will forward more things as the group needs but I didn't want to overload the group in the first few days.

Kind regards.

Liz

PS I understand from a one of the participants that my two year old helper was rather obvious -- unfortunately the call was right across bed time and I didn't quite manage the mute button well enough! My apologies for the disruption.

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel