ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Meeting Agenda and Call for Volunteers

  • To: <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Meeting Agenda and Call for Volunteers
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:27:03 -0500

Here is the agenda for our next meeting on Thursday, 8 February 2007.

Please note that we still need volunteers for agenda items 5.d and 5.f.
If you are concerned about not being clear regarding what is required,
let me say that I have assumed responsibility for item 5.c (Tagged
Domain Names) and will be sending the required report not later than
early tomorrow.  Hopefully that will provide a useful example of what is
needed.  But I want to point out that each category is different so you
should not assume that every report needs to look just like mine.  The
key is to provide a report that helps us review related documentation
and expertise and then reach agreement on the role of name reservation
requirements for each category.

If you look at next week's agenda, item 7, you will see that we will be
asking for volunteers for each of the categories of reserved names for
which continued work is needed.  Please come to the meeting next
Thursday prepared to volunteer for at least one of the categories.

Glen will send out call information off the list for the meeting.  This
is done to ensure that personal information is not shared on the list
because the list is publicly archived.  Similarly, please do not send
any corrections to the contact list on the list, but send them directly
to Glen.

Finally, I understand that we are just getting started, that many of you
are somewhat new to the ICANN environment and that we are all feeling
our way around with regard to this working group.  But the reality is
that we have a lot of work to do in a very short period of time so it is
essential that every member contribute.  Note that the group is called a
'Working Group' not a 'lurking group' as someone has said.  For us to do
a good job and complete it on time, we need total teamwork. That is why
the following was included in the Membership clause of our statement of
work:  "Members should be selected who can commit sufficient time during
the next three-four months to facilitate achievement of the targeted
accomplishments describe in the next section (Working Timeline)."

Thanks for your cooperation,

Chuck Gomes