ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Tagged Names Report

  • To: <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Tagged Names Report
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:50:39 -0500

As promised here is my cut at a report regarding the Tagged Names
Reservation requirement for the RN-WG meeting on 8 February.  Because I
will not be able to participate in the meeting, Marilyn Cade agreed to
provide a brief summary of this report in my absence.

For those who volunteered to develop a report, this report will
hopefully provide an example of what is needed for each of the reserved
name categories that were identified in our meeting on 1 February.  But
please note the following:

*       Every category is different, so don't use the Tagged Names
report as a rigid guide of what needs to be done.
*       The Tagged Names category is in my opinion a much easier one
than some of the others, so it may be closer to completion than some
other reports will be for next Thursday.  In other words, don't think
that you need to provide a complete report by our next meeting; simply
do the best you can to get a good start and provide what you accomplish
to the group prior to the meeting and then be ready to briefly summarize
your report in the meeting. If you look at the agenda, you will see that
it is anticipated that more work will need to be done on the reports
after the 8 February meeting.  Our goal will be to have fairly complete
reports by the 15 February meeting.

In the meeting on 8 February, please feel free to critique the Tagged
Name report openly so that I will know what needs to be done to improve
it.

Thanks, Chuck