ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Use of Tim Denton's Time

  • To: <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Use of Tim Denton's Time
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:45:21 -0500

When reviewing the transcript of the 8 February call for the RN-WG, I
noted that the issue of using Tim Denton as a resource was raised by
Tim, so I thought it would be helpful if I provided some clarification.

First let me say that when Tim first started providing support to the WG
I informed him that any extensive requests for his support should go
through me.  The reason for this was that ICANN entered into a
consulting agreement with him that does not fund unlimited time
commitment and also, Tim has other obligations besides this effort.
Therefore it is important that we stay within certain limits.  To
accomplish that, it is important that I, as chair, am able to manage the
use of his time.

Regarding the work that most of you have volunteered to do involving the
various categories of reserved names, please do not ask Tim to do the
work for you.  I have already given him specific assignments for two of
the categories.  At the same time, you should not think that you need to
go through me to ask Tim a simple question regarding any tips he might
be able to provide to help you do your work.  And you should also feel
free to ask me questions if I can be of assistance.

To make sure that the tasks for which you volunteered are clear, I will
be providing some detailed guidelines later today.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Chuck