ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] Alternate Straw Poll Language wrt ICANN/IANA Reserved Names

  • To: "'Reserved Names Working Group ICANN'" <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] Alternate Straw Poll Language wrt ICANN/IANA Reserved Names
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:03:18 -0500

Hello All:

Notwithstanding my significant concerns about the reservation of ICANN
and IANA names, in the interest of consensus building I offer the
following alternate straw poll recommendation below for consideration.

If this straw language was included I would support.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage

Proposed Alt Straw Poll:

Whereas, ICANN is currently undertaking an investigation into the
historical basis upon which this group of names have been reserved;

Whereas, ICANN staff has noted that this process will take some time,
and it is unlikely that this compilation of information will be
available prior to the conclusion of this Working Group's aggressive
time table;

Whereas,  the Working Group acknowledges the importance of obtaining
this information so it can make a determination if the original
justification for these reservations still exist, and that such
additional works needs to be completed prior to the commencement of the
next TLD RFP round;

It is therefore recommended that the Working Group take no action on
this subset of names as it does not have all of the relevant information
before it.