ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Reserved Names vs. Prohibited Names

  • To: <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Reserved Names vs. Prohibited Names
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:57:47 -0500

Chuck,

I also agree with Edmon. With regard to geographic/geopolitical domain
names. If these names continue to receive special consideration, I think
"reserved" would be the best classification, as a country might want to
use the name (i.e. canada.info or germany.info) or it may elect not to
use the name. Simply prohibiting the use of the name does not make
sense.

Best regards,

Michael