ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

Re: [gnso-rn-wg] Friendly Amendment to Straw Recommendation wrt Single Letter TLD

  • To: GNSO RN WG <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rn-wg] Friendly Amendment to Straw Recommendation wrt Single Letter TLD
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:05:49 -0500

On 8 mar 2007, at 13.39, Michael D. Palage wrote:

We recommend that single letters and numbers be allowed at the top level, unless prior to the commencement of the next TLD round by ICANN there are valid documented reasons from the technical community against the allocation of such strings.

I would further recommend adding the sentences:

It is recommended that allocation of these TLDs be subject to a new allocation method where the proceeds could be used for public benefit. This is an area for further work.