ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

[gnso-rn-wg] FW: Comments from K.C. Liu for RN-WG report

  • To: "Reserved Names Working Group ICANN" <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-rn-wg] FW: Comments from K.C. Liu for RN-WG report
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:04:45 -0400

FYI

Chuck Gomes

________________________________

From: Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:49 AM
To: 'ncc40'
Cc: liukc@xxxxxxxxxx; owner-gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Comments from K.C. Liu for RN-WG report

Thank you Dr. Liu.  I note that the language to which you are referring
is contractual language contained in just a few of the gTLD registry
agreements: .asia, .asia .jobs, .mobi, .tel and .travel.  Also note that
Appendix L is now Appendix K in the draft final report. Please note that
the recommendation contained in the draft final report that I
distributed late last night does not contain this language; in the draft
final report see the section titled 'Recommendations regarding
Geographic & Geopolitical Reserved Names' on page 15 and also see the
full subgroup report in Appendix G starting on page 73.

I note that you say "we agree".  Am I correct in assuming that you mean
yourself and your colleague who is cc'd on the message or are you
representing a larger group of interests?

We will be finalizing the report in our meeting today and delivering it
to the GNSO Council and the new gTLD PDP committee tomorrow.  The
recommendations it contains will be open to public comment in the coming
weeks and will be considered by the GNSO Council for inclusion in the
new gTLD recommendations.

Your ongoing input is welcome.  I would particularly be interested in
your responses to the discussion contained in the subgroup report on
this topic.

Chuck Gomes