ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Proposed Additional Meetings of RN-WG

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] Proposed Additional Meetings of RN-WG
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:21:20 -0400

Because of the very lengthy time spent on Whois and consideration of GAC
principles for new gTLDs, the Council still has not acted on an
extension of the RN-WG, but I still expect them to do so, probably via
email during the next week.  We are still considering the meeting dates
and times communicated in my message below but would probably start the
30-day period with a first meeting on either Tuesday, 10 April or
Wednesday, 11 April from 3 to 5 pm UTC.  There is a Council meeting on
Thursday, 12 April so that day will not work.  Please let me know if
there are any major problems with these dates and times as summarized
below:

Tuesday, 11 April or Wednesday 12 April, 15:00 - 17:00 UTC
(4 pm London & Dublin; 5 pm Brussels; 11 am EDT; 10 am CDT; 8 am PDT; 12
noon Buenos Aires; 11 pm Hong Kong & Taipei; 3 am Wellington - next
day).

Clearly 3 am in Wellington is very undesirable.  But if we move it to a
later time in Wellington, then it will be undesirable for Hong Kong &
Taipei.  We could move it earlier by 3 hours but that would make it 5 am
PDT; I can live with that but can others on the west coast - Mike R.,
Neal, and Patrick?  And if we did that, would that be better for you
Alistair?

Chuck Gomes