ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

RE: [gnso-rn-wg] gTLD Reserved Names Chart

  • To: "'Patrick Jones'" <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-rn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rn-wg] gTLD Reserved Names Chart
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 12:49:36 -0400

Patrick, as you know, another member of our own 3 person sub-group has
opinioned just the opposite - and it's not me :-)  Opinions are great and
welcome and important, but when there are conflicting opinions - whether in
or outside the sub-group (really does not matter) - evidence needs to be
presented so that an objective conclusion can be reached.  And, we have to
appreciate that the status quo is a certain way right now (i.e. a managed
list).  So, if the opinion is to change the status quo, it (in my view) is
going to have to require more than just opinion.  It's a good point you are
making and thank you for mentioning it.

Ray

  _____