ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rn-wg]

Re: [gnso-rn-wg] CORRECTION - Hold over of a supported CN recommendation from RNv1

  • To: Chuck Gomes <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rn-wg] CORRECTION - Hold over of a supported CN recommendation from RNv1
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 18:09:17 -0400

correcting a cut and paste error

a.

On 9 maj 2007, at 17.51, Avri Doria wrote:

Hi,

In terms of the content you removed when normalizing the report, I think only one bit of the previous recommendations was not either repeated or reworked. Specifically the processes dealing with what happens to an application when a CN process is initiated.

I suggest we insert the following in the requirements as the third requirement.

In the event of the initiation of a CN-DRP process,
applications for that label will be placed in a HOLD
status that would allow for the dispute to be further
examined. If the dispute is dismissed or
otherwise resolved favorably, the applications
will reenter the processing queue. The period
of time allowed for dispute should be finite and
should be relegated to a, yet to be defined,
external dispute resolution process. The external
dispute process should be defined to be
objective, neutral, and transparent.  The
outcome of any dispute shall not result in the
development of new categories of Reserved
Names.

thanks
a.