ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rrc-a]

RE: [gnso-rrc-a] Draft to Response to Public Comments and Finalization of Report

  • To: "Diaz,Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-rrc-a] Draft to Response to Public Comments and Finalization of Report
  • From: Beau Brendler <beaubrendler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:46:19 -0400 (EDT)

I don't think the sentence should be dropped completely.

It is not intended to be inflammatory.

It came, in fact, directly from Michele Neylon, who said it repeatedly (and
effectively) as a prompt to get the group to get on with the show and not spend
time debating the aspirational aspects of the charter.

Perhaps Michele could suggest some wording less feather-ruffling. But I would
not agree to removing the sentence (or the notion, if nuanced) entirely.