ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sl-wg]

RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: Latest redline for Single and two characters

  • To: "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: Latest redline for Single and two characters
  • From: "Patrick Jones" <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:29:53 -0700

Chuck,

With regard to the language on IDNs, I do not think your suggestion is what
we had in mind, and it was not what Cary, Tina and I discussed.

I assume from your previous email that your concerns about the sentence on
single letters at the second level within potential single letter TLDs have
been addressed.

I sent the updated redline last night before I had completed the edits, so
the (footnote) in Any Combination of Two Letters, Digits will be updated.

We added the minority positions within the table because that is what we
thought you were looking for. If not, I'm happy to leave them where they
were, within the body of the document.

Mike's minority recommendation on two letters at the top level was not
shared by any other member of the WG before Lisbon. That would be a pretty
substantial shift for the WG to adopt that now, and would be a conflict with
the GAC Principles.

I'll add brief information about all of the experts consulted. That should
have been included in last night's draft.

Patrick

  _____