ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sl-wg]

RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: SUb Group single letter and two letter edits after technical expert comments 4-10.doc

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Shatan, Gregory S." <GShatan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-sl-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sl-wg] RE: SUb Group single letter and two letter edits after technical expert comments 4-10.doc
  • From: Alistair DIXON <Alistair.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:42:32 +1200

I am happy with this version though I have already proposed to the group the
following amendment to footnote 1:

This is notwithstanding two letter TLDs will be allowed only as ccTLDs, when
added to the ISO-3166 list, and as such all two letter ASCII strings will
remain reserved at the top level and second level of a domain name, although
registries may propose release of two letter LDH strings at the second level
provided that measures to avoid confusion with any corresponding country codes
are implemented.

Alistair