ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stability-thickwhois]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Escrow & Stability

• To: <gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Escrow & Stability
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:43:40 -0500

I am at a bit of a loss as to how we are going to proceed.

On the questions of benefits of having two repositories and two escrows, all parties agree that it would be good, but NCUC, NPOC and Verisign feel that there are risks or problems associated with both registrars and registries housing data that outweigh the benefits. NPOC's position is that if things are run well, extra copies are not needed. It is not clear how to ensure that things are run well.

On the question of whether registrar escrow is needed IF we have all thick registries, all parties that answered think that registrar escrow should be kept, but some of the answers seem to imply "we don't want thick so therefore registrar escrow still needed".

I am attaching an extract of the comment template for our questions with my short-hand summaries in column D. Feel free to add your own.

Alan

At 15/01/2013 09:56 AM, Alan Greenberg wrote:

I am afraid that I have had to focus on other issues until now, but given that stakeholder input is just now arriving, this is probably a good time to start work in earnest.

The members of this sub-group are:
.        Alan Greenberg (ALAC)
.        Carolyn Hoover (RySG)
.        Tim Ruiz (RrSG)
.        Jeff Neuman (RySG)
.        Christopher E George (IPC)
.        Frederic Guillemaut (RrSG)

As I understand it, we are looking at two issues:

- Stability, with a focus on the implications and requirements of having multiple repositories of Whois data. - Data Escrow document what is done and investigate if any changes are required or recommended.

I suggest the following for our work-plan:

1. Discussion and enhancement (if applicable) of topics to be addressed - on list.
2. Individual review of stakeholder input.
3. Schedule a call to to discuss issues.
4. Draft summary/report

Comments?

Alan

Attachment: Escrow-Stability-AG-Review.xlsx
Description:

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy