ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stability-thickwhois]

Re: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Kickoff

  • To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Carolyn Hoover <choover@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Kickoff
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:16:29 -0800

FYI, this is from the charter: Stability: in the event of a Registrar
business or technical failure, it could be beneficial to ICANN and
registrants to have the full set of domain registration contact data
stored by four organizations (the Registry, the Registry's escrow agent,
the Registrar, and the Registrar's escrow agent), which would be the case
in a Œthick¹ registry.

With best regards,

Marika