ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stability-thickwhois]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Kickoff

• To: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Carolyn Hoover <choover@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Kickoff
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:03:39 -0500

I'm not sure it is really an "issue". If I remember correctly, it came out of the brainstorming of all the possible changes and implications associated with a thin-to-thick transition.

I will dig out the charter.

Alan

At 15/01/2013 10:44 AM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:
Sounds like a reasonable plan. Can someone just forward around the relevant section(s) of the charter that deal with this issue as a starting point? I cannot recall as to why stability was even an issue.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carolyn Hoover
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:40 AM
To: Alan Greenberg; gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Kickoff

Sounds like a reasonable plan. I don't have the WG calendar handy. Are there dates we need to hit for each of these steps to be in alignment with that calendar?

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Greenberg
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:56 AM
To: gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] Kickoff

I am afraid that I have had to focus on other issues until now, but given that stakeholder input is just now arriving, this is probably a good time to start work in earnest.

The members of this sub-group are:
*        Alan Greenberg (ALAC)
*        Carolyn Hoover (RySG)
*        Tim Ruiz (RrSG)
*        Jeff Neuman (RySG)
*        Christopher E George (IPC)
*        Frederic Guillemaut (RrSG)

As I understand it, we are looking at two issues:

- Stability, with a focus on the implications and requirements of having multiple repositories of Whois data. - Data Escrow document what is done and investigate if any changes are required or recommended.

I suggest the following for our work-plan:

1. Discussion and enhancement (if applicable) of topics to be addressed - on list.
2. Individual review of stakeholder input.
3. Schedule a call to to discuss issues.
4. Draft summary/report

Comments?

Alan

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy