ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stability-thickwhois]

Re: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] SG/Const positions

  • To: gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] SG/Const positions
  • From: Frédéric Guillemaut <fg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:47:23 +0100

Hello Alan,

Sorry to come back on this :

I am coming back from vacation and trying to catch up.

This excel file is great.
Has it been used ?
Is the process validated ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Frederic

Le 19/02/2013 00:05, Alan Greenberg a écrit :
Folks, I am attaching an extract of the overall comment tool including
our two questions as well as the overall one addressed to all sub-WGs.

I have tried to summarize the position of each group that submitted a
statement to make it easier to understand to what extent we have
consensus or not.

If I have mis-summarized anyone, please let us know. I note that the two
questions really amount to the same thing if we do go with a thick Whois
for all.

Trying to summarize the summaries, for those who have a comment, this is
what I have come up with:

*Stability: Would it be beneficial to keep all 4 copies of the Whois data?

*Majority: Yes
Registrar SG: does not see any need
NCUC/NPOC: see that keeping both would possibly be harmful, with harms
being discussed by other sub-WGs

*Escrow: Is Registrar Escrow needed?

*Majority: Yes
Registrar SG: No
NCUC: Keep both but require further study to see if needed.

Do we want to schedule a teleconference, or can we come to closure on
this list?

Alan

--

Frédéric Guillemaut
fg@xxxxxxxxxxx

Mailclub
Pôle Média de la Belle de Mai
37, rue Guibal
13356 Marseille Cedex 03
www.mailclub.fr
Fax : +33 (0)4 88 66 22 20

IMPORTANT :
Pensez toujours à nous communiquer une adresse email valide tout au long de votre abonnement, l'email étant notre principal moyen de communication avec vous. Si vous changez d'adresse email n'oubliez pas de modifier votre profil, accessible à partir de l'Espace Client.