ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stability-thickwhois]

[gnso-stability-thickwhois] SG/Const positions

  • To: Thick Whois Stability and Escrow <gnso-stability-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-stability-thickwhois] SG/Const positions
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:05:30 -0500

Folks, I am attaching an extract of the overall comment tool including our two questions as well as the overall one addressed to all sub-WGs.

I have tried to summarize the position of each group that submitted a statement to make it easier to understand to what extent we have consensus or not.

If I have mis-summarized anyone, please let us know. I note that the two questions really amount to the same thing if we do go with a thick Whois for all.

Trying to summarize the summaries, for those who have a comment, this is what I have come up with:

Stability: Would it be beneficial to keep all 4 copies of the Whois data?

Majority: Yes
Registrar SG: does not see any need
NCUC/NPOC: see that keeping both would possibly be harmful, with harms being discussed by other sub-WGs

Escrow: Is Registrar Escrow needed?

Majority: Yes
Registrar SG: No
NCUC: Keep both but require further study to see if needed.

Do we want to schedule a teleconference, or can we come to closure on this list?

Alan