ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-stakeholder-charters]

ncuc proposal regarding ncsg

  • To: gnso-stakeholder-charters@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ncuc proposal regarding ncsg
  • From: Carlos Afonso <ca@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:26:30 -0300

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Carlos A. Afonso. I am a civil society representative in the
CGI.br Board and executive director of Rits, the Information Network for
the Third Sector in Brazil, a member and former chair of NCUC, as well
as former GNSO board member.

I request you to please reinstate the NCSG charter drafted by NCUC and
supported by more than 80 noncommercial organizations and individuals in
the April comment period.

I am, and I am sure nearly all of the NCUC membership is, shocked by the
fact that ICANN has ignored the proposal with no explanations either to
NCUC or the non-profit community, considering it was prepared as a
result of a long period of consultations with many non-profit sectors
worldwide.

Respectfully,

--c.a.
Rits -- www.rits.org.br