ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

Re: [gnso-sti] Possibility of a Face to Face Meeting

  • To: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-sti] Possibility of a Face to Face Meeting
  • From: Kathy Kleiman <Kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:03:12 -0500

Dear Margie,
Tx you for checking into the possibility of a F2F meeting of the STI Group. I am glad to hear it is a possibility, although the logistics of bringing all of us together will certain be challenging.

May I offer a slightly different timeframe for the group's work and this F2F meeting? Let me clarify what was meant, at least by some of us who proposed the meeting:

- A preliminary report to the GNSO by the deadline (we know they will expect substantial work and the details and agreement of the Strawmen will be central)
- Request for a short extension of the Board deadline
- F2F meeting in early January to work on the final report
- Final Report
- GNSO Approval
- Posting for Comments
- STI looks at public comments and makes changes as necessary.

Tx and best,
Kathy

Dear All,

I checked into the possibility of a face to face meeting for the STI group, funded by ICANN, to facilitate resolution of the outstanding issues and the efforts to gain a consensus on an alternative proposal. We are exploring the feasibility of this request, and wanted to get some information from you to assess the costs of doing this on a relatively short notice.

Specifically, we would try to pick a location to minimize the travel costs for the participants, and would likely pick an inexpensive locale in a central location.

Do we have an idea of when to schedule the meeting? We assume that it would be sometime between now and mid-December. Rather than have a discussion on the list, please email our administrative assistant, Marilyn Vernon, with days that you would be unavailable between now and mid-December. She is cc'd on this email. Please let her know your location as well.
Best regards,

Margie

Margie Milam

Senior Policy Counselor