ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

RE: [gnso-sti] RE: Updated Strawman Proposal for Trademark Clearinghouse

  • To: "'GNSO STI'" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] RE: Updated Strawman Proposal for Trademark Clearinghouse
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:17:55 -0800

It is unfair to characterize consensus solely on the basis of calls, which
group members may not be able to attend.  Consensus (or majority/minority
calls) should only be taken after a chance for everyone to comment on the
list.  The list has been active.  We are all volunteers, who are deeply
overburdened by the artifically tight timeframe imposed on this work.  Our
views cannot be discounted simply because we cannot participate in many
hours of calls each week.

>From my perspective at moment, I would rather the GNSO make no proposal,
than one that will be ineffective and pointless (assuming these watered down
concepts could even be implemented via any sort of sustainable business
model).

Mike Rodenbaugh

RODENBAUGH LAW

548 Market Street