ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

[gnso-sti] URS 8.1 Appeal

  • To: GNSO STI <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>, "Mark V. B. Partridge" <mvbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-sti] URS 8.1 Appeal
  • From: Kathy Kleiman <Kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:19:52 -0500

Hi All,
Mark and I met yesterday to discuss language for the "Appeal of Decision," in our URS Section 8.1. We wrote the following language as a balance of the concerns that our groups raised. Margie has incorporated a version into the text we evaluate today. I wanted to share the text directly with you:

URS 8.2 After a decision in any case, either party should have a right to seek a de novo appeal based *on the existing record *within the URS process for a reasonable fee to cover the costs of the appeal. The fees for an appeal should be borne by the appellant. *A **limited right to introduce new admissible evidence that is material to the decision will be allowed upon payment of an additional fee, provided the evidence clearly pre-dates the filing of the complaint. The Appeal Panel may request, in its sole discretion, further statements or documents from either of the Parties.*

Tx to Mark for the final drafting.
Kathy