ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

[gnso-sti] Lawyers and others

  • To: gnso sti <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-sti] Lawyers and others
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:58:36 -0500

I will reserve substantive comments until the meeting, but do have one comment here.

Although I know it was suggested with the best of intent, I find the statement on the composition of the review team on page 3 somewhat inappropriate.

"The STI was comprised largely of attorneys, from all SGs, with years of Internet and trademark law, plus a few non-lawyers who worked hard to keep the work focused and clear."

I would suggest that the sentence either praise us all uniformly for our hard work, cooperation, sense of urgency, good jokes, whatever, or alternatively simply stop after "non-lawyers".

Alan