ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

[gnso-thickwhois-dt] MP3 / Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team - recording 06 September 2012 at 18:00 UTC

  • To: Thick WHOIS PDP DT <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] MP3 / Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team - recording 06 September 2012 at 18:00 UTC
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 14:29:48 -0700

Dear All,

The next Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team call is scheduled on  Thursday 13
September 2012 at 1800 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording of the Thick WHOIS PDP Drafting Team
teleconference held on Thursday 06 September 2012 at 1800 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-thick-whois-20120906en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#sep

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees

Elisa Cooper - CBUC
Keith Drazek - RySG
Ray Fassett - RySG
Alan Greenberg - At-Large

Frédéric Guillemaut  - RrSG

Tony Harris - ISPCP

Caroline Hoover - RySG

Susan Kawaguchi - CBUC

Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP

Jonathan Zuck - IPC

Susan Prosser - RrSG

Ekaterina Dureva - Individual

Evan Leibovitch - At-Large

ICANN Staff
Marika Konings
Glen de Saint Géry

Berry Cobb
Nathalie Peregrine

Apology:

Tim Ruiz - RrSG
Avri Doria - NCSG

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhois-dt/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/whgQAg

Information on WHOIS can be found on page

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/thick-whois.htm

Participants subscribed to the drafting team

Wilson Abigaba - NCUC

Bob Bruen - NARALO ALS

Elisa Cooper - CBUC
Avri Doria - NCSG
Keith Drazek - RySG
Ekaterina Dureva - Individual
Ray Fassett - RySG
Alan Greenberg - At-Large
Volker Greimann - RrSG

Frédéric Guillemaut  - RrSG

Tony Harris - ISPCP

Caroline Hoover - RySG

Susan Kawaguchi - CBUC

Evan Leibovitch - At-Large

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP

Susan Prosser - RrSG

Tim Ruiz - RrSG

Carlton Samuels - At-Large

Michael Shohat - RrSG

Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG

Brian Winterfeldt - IPC

Jonathan Zuck - IPC

Observers

Stephane van Gelder - RrSG

Jeff Neuman - RySG

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP

 ******

Adobe Connect Chat Transcript:

  Marika Konings:'Thick' Whois DT Meeting - 6 September 2012

  Evan Leibovitch:I wasn't on the call but don't have much in wauy of an intro

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Zuck has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Tony Harris has joined

  Evan Leibovitch:I support the co-chair but don't share the concerns about
staff chairing

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Keith Drazek has joined the AC room

  Keith Drazek:i'm also on the line, thanks

  Berry
Cobb:https://community.icann.org/display/RAA/Negotiations+Between+ICANN+and+Registrars+to+Amend+the+Registrar+Accreditation+Agreement

  Berry Cobb:https://community.icann.org/display/PDP/5.+Background+Documents

  Mikey O'Connor:Thanks Radar!

  Evan Leibovitch:what about the AOC WHOIS Review team report?

  Evan
Leibovitch:http://www.icann.org/en/about/aoc-review/whois/final-report-11may12-en.pdf

  Evan Leibovitch:I don't see this in the list of background docs?

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Alan Greenberg has joined the AC room

  Alan Greenberg:Sorry for being late on now

  Nathalie  Peregrine:He is now on audio also

  Frederic Guillemaut - Mailclub:no problem.

  Keith Drazek:+1 alan, thanks for the clarification

  Alan Greenberg:Due my lapse of good judgement, I think I should be removed as
co-chair!  ;-)

  Keith Drazek:+1 mikey

  Evan Leibovitch:It's not uncommon for an industry to agree on minimum
standards, and to allow competitive differentiations on top of that standard

  Evan Leibovitch:talking about alternatives to WHOIS are IMO seriously out of
scope

  Alan Greenberg:Whois may be a registry service, but it is one that is
mandated by contract in some detail for most registries (factoring in the
incoming 1400)

  Ray Fassett - .JOBS:Evan - with your logic, a thin whois could be the minimum
standard

  Evan Leibovitch:could ...  but should not

  Frederic Guillemaut - Mailclub:I agree we need a minimum standard to be able
to serve registrants in a standard way. Thick or thin.

  Frederic Guillemaut - Mailclub:No

  Keith Drazek:weekly meetings are good for me

  Carolyn Hoover, dotCoop (RySG):Weekly i sgood but I am out next week

  Ray Fassett - .JOBS:good

  Susan Prosser:+1

  Ekaterina Dureva:good for me too

  Keith Drazek:i support moving this forward expeditiously

  Susan Kawaguchi:+1

  Carolyn Hoover, dotCoop (RySG):As soon as Marika can send it out, I will
forward comments for next week.

  Ray Fassett - .JOBS:thanks Mikey

  Carolyn Hoover, dotCoop (RySG):thx

  Ekaterina Dureva:thanks