ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

[gnso-thickwhois-dt] weekly status report

  • To: Thick WHOIS PDP DT <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] weekly status report
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 10:07:09 -0500

hi all,

for those of you who have had the misfortune of working on a working group
where i've been a co-chair, you know that it's my habit to send out a short
weekly status report.  the tradition continues.

the summary of this status report can be read from across the room -- if the
little boxes are all green, i'm thinking that things are on track.  if there's
a red box, it means that i'm thinking that there's an issue that needs to be
worked through.  this one is flying all green flags.

the highlights?

-- Alan Greenberg and i volunteered to co-chair

-- we agreed to try to have the charter done in time for the Council to take a
look at it in Toronto

-- there was a general sense that it's a good idea to try to keep the focus
narrow so's to avoid getting mired in the broad/historic WHOIS issues

-- Marika volunteered to develop a first-draft of the charter so we can work on
editing rather than creating.  look for that draft early this week and plan on
a first-time-through discussion on our next call

-- we agreed that weekly calls are a good idea -- there will only be time for a
handful of them before Toronto

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109