ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] weekly status report

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, Thick WHOIS PDP DT <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] weekly status report
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 12:13:42 -0400

Thanks Mikey.

Love your definition of "volunteered".

Alan

At 09/09/2012 11:07 AM, Mike O'Connor wrote:
hi all,

for those of you who have had the misfortune of working on a working group where i've been a co-chair, you know that it's my habit to send out a short weekly status report. the tradition continues.

the summary of this status report can be read from across the room -- if the little boxes are all green, i'm thinking that things are on track. if there's a red box, it means that i'm thinking that there's an issue that needs to be worked through. this one is flying all green flags.

the highlights?

-- Alan Greenberg and i volunteered to co-chair

-- we agreed to try to have the charter done in time for the Council to take a look at it in Toronto

-- there was a general sense that it's a good idea to try to keep the focus narrow so's to avoid getting mired in the broad/historic WHOIS issues

-- Marika volunteered to develop a first-draft of the charter so we can work on editing rather than creating. look for that draft early this week and plan on a first-time-through discussion on our next call

-- we agreed that weekly calls are a good idea -- there will only be time for a handful of them before Toronto

thanks,

mikey

phone    651-647-6109
fax              866-280-2356