ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhois-dt]

Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] a modest amendment to our charter point on "privacy and data protection"

  • To: "Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx DT" <Gnso-thickwhois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-thickwhois-dt] a modest amendment to our charter point on "privacy and data protection"
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:30:31 -0400

I have surveyed the ALAC on the new wording that Avri has supplied. The consensus (but not unanimous) view is that the current wording in the Proposed charter should stand.

The issue raised in Avri's message that I have copied below formed part (but not all) of the rationale. Although I personally do not believe that there is any substantive issue related to mentioned rights and thick/thin Whois, *IF* this is indeed an issue, then is has far wider impact that the narrow scope of this PDP allows, and should be the subject of a separate PDP.

Alan