ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg]

[gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 20 November 2012 at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] MP3 Thick Whois PDP Working Group - Tuesday 20 November 2012 at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 13:25:33 -0800

Dear All,

 The next call for the Thick WhoisPDP Working Group is scheduled on Tuesday 27
November 2012 at 15:00 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording of the Thick WhoisPDP Working Group call held on
Tuesday 20 November 2012 at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-thick-whois-20121120-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#aug>nov

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Mikey O'Connor – ISPCP

Wilson Abigaba – RrSG

Marc Anderson – RySG

Titi Akinsanmi – At Large

Roy Balleste – NCUC

Iliya Bazlyankov – RrSG

Don Blumenthal – RySG

Amr Elsadr – NCSG

Alan Greenberg – At Large

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Caroline Hoover – RySG

Evan Leibovitch – ALAC

Steve Metalitz – IPC

Ope Oodusan – At Large

Susan Prosser – RrSG

Normann Ritchie – RySG

Tim Ruiz – RrSG

Jill Titzer – RrSG

Joe Waldron – RySG

Leigha Weinberg – IPC

Jonathan Zuck – IPC

Apologies:

Jennifer Wolfe – NomCom

Carlton Samuels – At Large

Frederic Guillemaut – RrSG

ICANN staff:

Berry Cobb

Marika Konings

Glen de Saint Gery

Julia Charvolen

Mailing list archives:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/whgQAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julia Charvolen

On behalf of GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript:

Marika Konings:Welcome to the 'thick' Whois PDP Working Group Meeting of 20
November 2012.
  Carolyn Hoover (RysG - .coop):hi all - sorry I missed last week
  Evan Leibovitch:just came in
  Marika Konings:Amr Elsadr and Norm Ritchie have joined the call
  Volker Greimann:i am waiting to be connected
  Volker Greimann:and now i am
  Marc Anderson:I'm not sure what all the other WhoIs working groups are.  How
many are there?  Can we get a list/more detail on the other WhoIs working
groups and their scope?
  Alan Greenberg:Don't think there is still one active now. CEO is supposed to
form a new one and then a new PDP
  Alan Greenberg:But lots of previous work
  Marika Konings:There is only one active WG that is currently ongoing in the
GNSO (see http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/whois-requirements-wg.htm),
but there are several other projects that touch upon Whois.
  Amr Elsadr:A pretty good page is
http://gnso.icann.org/en/ongoing-work/issues/whois.htm
  Marc Anderson:thank you
  Susan Prosser:I am in another WG - Whois Survey WG.
  Alan Greenberg:OOps - guess I am not up o date!
  Marika Konings:and as Mikey mentioned, there is the new Board initiated
initiative:http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-08nov12-en.htm
  Amr Elsadr:Archived WHOIS policy work
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/whois/archive
  Evan Leibovitch:This week's Board resolutions on WHOIS RT report:
  Evan
Leibovitch:http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-08nov12-en.htm#1
  Marika Konings:Joe Walden has joined the call
  Carolyn Hoover (RysG - .coop):+1 Alan's Comment
  Titi:Just got dropped from the call.
  Titi:pls dial me back in
  Marika Konings:@Titi - I've notified the operator
  Titi:Thank you Marika - back on the call
  Tim Ruiz:That's fine, but I cannot make that time. Sorry.
  Titi:Clarity: This will be for next weekonly right?
  Marika Konings:Yes, correct, the proposal would be to continue the weekly at
15.00 UTC, except for those dates that conflict with the ALAC meeting (apart
from next week as there is another conflict)
  Marika Konings:We'll make sure to communicate as soon as possible those dates
at which the weekly meeting will take place at a later time.
  Titi:Thanks Marika.
  Titi:@ Mikey What goes around comes around!
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Mikey
  Titi:thanks all. Wil be on the adobe room next week. cheers
  Jill Titzer:thank you